Wednesday 11 April 2012

Music soothes the savage beast

For as long as I can remember now music has always been an integral and important part of my life....even more so than art, which is shocking for people to hear granted I was born with artistic talent and could color inside the lines by age two. According to my mother she could bring me anywhere and I would be a perfectly behaved little gentleman....IF she had some paper and a pen with her.

Proudly displaying an unknown piece of art.
So why is music more important to me? I am not quite sure. To try and figure this mystery out I have to ask myself that very question. Both are expressive and creative art forms respectively. However I don't think I can express myself as much through canvas as I can through song. When I'm working on an elaborate piece of art I lose interest after an hour or two. When creating a song I can haul ass for 6 hours plus.... Until the point of having a headache from staring at the laptop for so long.



My love for music spans back to my days in diapers. I can still clearly remember watching my mom do yoga while she listened to the Beatles. I was around 2 or 3 years old and a very rambunctious child, but when I heard those magical notes they almost put me in a paralyzed trance like state. They say music soothes the savage beast and I believed that to be true..... Until a neighbourhood friend played a record for me at the tender age of 4 that would forever change my life...

Hanging out with Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment