Tuesday 29 May 2012

Microphornicating

I am taking a break today from our current timeline in the blog to discuss current issues. For the past 2 years I've been working on my newest full length cd entitled " 73' " as some of you may already know. These recordings revolve around samples I've gathered from the late 60s and early 70s, most of which are fairly well known classics that I've borrowed from.

This recording has been a completely different and new approach for me and I've been getting a lot of positive feedback over it. I myself also feel this is my best work to date. Lyrically I have been delving into some personal issues that occurred within my life, mostly over the last 4 years. I never talk to friends or family about my own issues and problems so this has been a very interesting approach for me which has been difficult yet therapeutic. 

I've been longing to make a video for one of these songs and I've finally decided on "microphornication" which utilizes samples from The Eagles "Hotel California". In the past I've done a few live videos and made a few cheesy ones with animated gifs, not too mention one video somebody produced that was out of sync. I truly consider this to be the very first official Kabal music video and I hope you dig it. The link for the video can be found on the video tab.



This project was self produced. I wrote, filmed, directed, starred in, edited & produced the entire production in one day. It's amazing what you can do with a camcorder, tripod, iPod, and some free video editing software! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do and any help to make it viral would be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment