Thursday 28 March 2013

Social Disorder


As per usual, we sat together collectively as a band to try and come up with yet another new name for our band. We had our ritual Saturday afternoon jam session, then we lounged around brainstorming for the remainder of the afternoon. After hours of ridiculous names being tossed around, we still hadn't come up with anything remotely acceptable.

The following Monday I was back at school and I decided to turn to my muse, one of my best friends, and one of the most inspirational people in my life, Sanjai. Sanj agreed to come to my place after school with me to see if we could come up with a name. During the process we both agreed that it would be cool to incorporate two words that were polar opposites of each other, or two words that clashed against each other, something along those lines would be ideal we figured.

Eventually we came up with the first word, "Social" from there we tried to come up with a 2nd word that would work well with it, ie: Social Misfits, Social Deviants, etc. Finally it was Sanjai who found the 2nd word we were longing for....Disorder.

Social Disorder. I was instantly sold on his suggestion, seeing as we were all thrashing punks, there couldn't of been a more suitable combination of words. We immediately began working on a logo, which really did all the work itself. Normal, regular font for the word "Social" and a more chaotic font for the word "Disorder". We whipped a design up in no time and I couldn't wait to get to school the next day to tell the guys about our new band name and show them our new logo.

The next day I eagerly presented our new name and logo to the guys and everyone was on board with the idea, which I give Sanjai 99% of the credit for. So we now had a new kickass band name and logo, there was just one more element missing...

No comments:

Post a Comment