Saturday, 28 March 2015

Party Animals From Hell pt.2

I had passed out somewhere between 12 and 1 o'clock a.m. When I awoke it was somewhere between 8 and 9 o'clock am. The place looked like a war zone. Empty beer bottles and cans were scattered about all over the place. Everyone was passed out, some in beds, some on couches, some on the floor, and some were even sleeping on the beach. I was literally the only soul awake, so I decided it was time to start the party up again.

I quietly crept over to the stereo and cued up side two of Paul's Boutique by the Beastie Boys. The first song "Five Piece Chicken Dinner" kicked in, a little diddly with lots of fast strumming banjos accompanied by redneck style hooting and hollering. Of course I cranked the volume up very high. 

People immediately started rising from the dead, some of whom who had only been sleeping for a mere couple of hours. By the time the next song "Looking down the barrel of a gun" kicked in, everybody was awake and back in party mode. I took it easy that morning, only having a few puffs, but by the time noon hit, the party was back in full swing. 

I decided it was time to make myself a drink. I took a can of frozen lemonade and mixed it into a pitcher with half the bottle of 151 rum my father had given me. The pitcher had a lid with a built in plastic straw, so this would serve as my cup for the day...and night.

As the afternoon rolled into early evening, we were greeted by even more friends. Some of the guys had to work the Friday, so they couldn't make it up until the early evening. There was also a group of outsiders who had now shown up. Our cottage was right on the beach, but it stepped up a about a foot and was surrounded by wooden planks. Behind our cottage the land stepped up about 2-3 feet and it was full of a small villa of little cottages, probably about 20 or so. These cottages had been empty since we arrived, but they were now being inhabited by a large group of high school kids who had booked them. "Oh great" I thought to myself "Just what we need, a group of dumbass school kids" Naturally they were intimidated by us, so they kept their distance and avoided eye contact.

As the sun went down, we decided to get a fire going, and it was a big fire indeed. There was a lot of drift wood around the beach so it was easy to keep the flames high. The music was blasting at full volume, and our party seemed to keep getting bigger and bigger. Jay Dove had fired up the BBQ and he was serving Jamaican jerk bear. It was interesting to say the least. I tossed some pizza pops on the barbie once again and got my munch on.

By now there were at least 100-200 people partying at our site, a lot of whom I had never seen before in my life. I started talking to random strangers to find out who they were and where they came from. I seemed to get the same answer from everyone "Our cottage is a few miles up the beach. We could hear your music and see your huge fire so we decided to check it out" Even the snooty high school kids had finally grown brazen enough to come join our party. We got them to try Jay's homemade electric pipe, which ended up generating many sales for my friends who were peddling weed.

My old grade school chum Craig Beattie even showed up with a couple of dudes, so we drank and caught up. By midnight Craig was blacked out drunk stumbling around kicking sand everywhere. I asked him what was up and he told me he'd lost his car keys. Talk about a bad trip. Craig had taken a walk down the beach earlier, so he decided to retrace his steps. I watched him wander down the beach until he was out of my sight. I was slightly worried about him and I really hoped he'd find his keys. After all, how the hell would he get himself and his car home?

It was now about 3-4 a.m. and our party of hundreds was still going strong, however I was fading fast. My drink was finally done, and I could barely stand up, so I decided to call it a night. I went into my cottage but there were already people occupying all the beds. I went into one of the other cottages that was attached to ours and I found an empty bed. I plopped down and was out like a light in no time. 

At some point though, I found myself extremely uncomfortable and I woke up. I couldn't feel or move my legs. As I examined the situation I realized there were 3 or 4 other guys now passed out in the bed, and one of them, Mark Fantini, was lying horizontally across the bed on top of my legs, which were completely numb and asleep. I managed to pull myself from out under him, snagged a pillow, and moved to the floor to continue my slumber. I could still hear music, talking, yelling, and the crackling of the fire. Despite all of these noisy distractions, the Sandman came to visit quickly and I was back off to LaLa Land...

No comments:

Post a Comment