Tuesday 2 September 2014

Updates 09/02/2014

Greetings readers, I hope you've all had an amazing summer, I know I sure did. I got to spend 5 days a week with my son practically every week for the last two months, so that has been an amazing pleasure. We got up to a lot of fun and creative things, went to many interesting places, and enjoyed our time together with each other and our friends and family. I'm sad to see summer come to an end now, and my boy back to school, but such is life.

Musically this year started out with a bang for me, but then after a hard drive crash and laptop malfunctions, it was brought to a screeching halt. I'm glad to say that I have finally picked the ball back up to play, metaphorically speaking, and I have been brewing up some new creations. My collaboration with Mach Spitz known as "Street Trash" was put on hold for the past few months, but I'm happy to say we are going to hammer out 2-3 more songs that will complete the project, so keep your eyes and ears open for that,

I've also been in cahoots once again with my former Black Belt Jones brother Prince Paully. Awhile back I did some lyrics over a track he had produced for his upcoming mixtape "The Man They Couldn't Hang" which resulted in the song "Still Be Gettin' It On" I decided to include it on my latest full length solo effort I'm working on entitled "What's Below Remains  Below" I recently went over to Paul's to re-record the lyrics for the version that will appear on his mixtape, and I also dropped some more golden verses on a second song which is the title track. There might be a bit more collaborations for this mixtape, so be sure to keep your heads up for that as well.

I've also recently produced a new track that will be on my new album. The song is called "Diseased" and I'm quite happy with how it turned out. I was fed up of the musical slump I'd been in, so I sat down and made a new song from scratch and wrote the vocals in one day, then eagerly recorded it. You can stream the song for free by clicking the link below:

https://kabal.bandcamp.com/track/diseased

also started working on a quick little ditty for a contest being held by underground rap legend R.A. The Rugged Man, which is a hot verse over an instrumental from his latest album "Legends Never Die" My track will only be available through my soundcloud page, so I'll be sure to post a link by the weeks end hopefully. I will more than likely use the verse for a track on "Tales From The Mixtape Vol.2" which I'm also currently working on.

In personal news, I met a fantastic woman just over a month ago, and I'm happy to say things are going great between us. Part of me feels she is the reason I've finally gotten back on the production tip, as she inspires me and has re-lit my creative flame. Needless to say you can expect more songs in the coming weeks and months.

For those of you that are back in school...I pity you! Ha! All jokes aside I wish you the best of luck in your educational endeavors. That about wraps things up for me, thanks for your continued support and keep on rocking in the free world!
-K

No comments:

Post a Comment