Tuesday 19 July 2016

UPDATE: 07/18/2016

Greetings readers, it's been awhile since I posted a general current update so I figured I'd fill you in on what's been going on with me. I've been trying to post at least twice a month in the ongoing story of Heavy Ghetto, and that has been a bit difficult to keep afloat. It really doesn't take me that long to write my posts, generally 30 minutes to an hour, but even that small window of time is hard to get my hands on frequently. Now with school being done for the summer I'll be spending a lot of my time with my son, but I shall still try to post twice a month if possible. Speaking of which, I'm proud to announce my little man passed with flying colors and he is off to grade 4 in the fall. 

As far as myself, I've been keeping busy with work while still taking the time to maintain my personal relationships with friends, family, and loved ones. On the musical front I've been scrambling to get my latest two full length albums complete and available to the public. Both releases "Theokoles" & "If You Want C.H.U.D." Are literally each a song or two away from completion. I was hoping to release one in April, but conflicting schedules with some of my collaborators are throwing monkey wrenches in the plans. If all pans out as I'm hoping, then both albums will drop before the end of the summer.

I'm pretty happy with the progress of both projects. Theokoles continues on where my last album left off, and once again I'm happy with my progression both musically and lyrically. I am an old-school guy and stuck in my ways, yet I always strive to grow a little and think outside of the box. I feel that definitely has shined through on my past few releases and the trend continues.

C.H.U.D. has been a tremendous amount of fun to work on, as I'm returning to my rap metal roots of the early 90s. This album will feature some material reminiscent to my old bands Wiggaz and Grift, some straight up trash and hardcore songs with no rapping whatsoever, and some heavy rap tracks that incorporate samples from classic metal songs. I'm even throwing in a few cover tunes that have always been inspiring to me. It's been a slice this far.

Looking towards the future, I've recently acquired some songs produced by DJ Moves, a Canadian cat who cut his teeth performing in such acts as Hip Club Groove, Len, and most recently Drunken Arseholes. I'm pretty excited to work with Moves two decades after our bands rocked shows together and its going to be interesting to see what kind of writing his music pulls out of me. You can expect a five song EP to drop this winter entitled "East Coast Alumni" and you of course know this is the only place to get the updates on that, unless you are a friend or follower of mine on other social media.


Well that about wraps it up for now. I'd like to wish everyone a happy and safe summer in advanced, and I shall return to you soon with more in the ongoing saga of Kabal...

No comments:

Post a Comment